Wednesday 23 July 2014

Beachcombing

Dearest Ruby,
         I have just returned from a weeks holiday in Norfolk. I went to visit your Great Grandmama. We went for a day out at the seaside, to Southwold, Great Grandmama's favourite place.

 
It is renouned for its colourful rows of beach huts that sit on the sea front.

 
The first one we came to displayed a wonderful show of art work.

 
You can see them up close.
 

 
I have made Great Grandmama a small piece to keep as a momento.
 
 
However, I collected a few pebbles whilst I was there Ruby, for such a time as I feel like doing some painting for you. Perhaps some ladybirds for your garden.
 
 
Later in the week we walked along the beach at Happisburgh, famous for its Lighthouse. Do you think it might be the one depicted in the top left-hand picture above? I collected a few more treasures to show you.
 
 Seaweed
 
Crabs claws.
 
This piece of driftwood might one day become a hedgehog, with a little imagination !
What do you think?

 
oops! - other way up of course, and it's nose is a bit long just now.
 
Anyway, one day we must go for picnics on the beach and see what treasures we can find.
Then, when your feet are covered with sand and your hands are dripping with melted ice-cream, just as Great Grandmama and I had, you can run and dip your fingers and toes in the refreshingly cold waters of the sea. We had the hottest day of the year this week.
 
 
Love and hugs,   Nana x
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment