Tuesday 8 July 2014

Sunflowers, Thistles, and a Purple Pixie!

Dearest Ruby,
       It' truly summer time and we have been enjoying time in the garden.

 
I have been busy you will see!
 
The Foxgloves have gone to seed.
 
 
Do you remember we were having a race to see which grew the tallest, the Foxglove or the Sunflower? Well, undoubtedly the Foxglove won because the Sunflowers, however hard I tried, just kept getting eaten by the slugs. So, I didn't want to disappoint you Ruby and have planted a dwarf sunflower I bought from the garden centre.
 
 
We have made a couple of other new additions also...
 

I love this Thistle. It looks lovely against the backdrop of the rock garden.
 


Then, I chose this Hebe. It is called, 'Purple Pixie.'
 

 
There it is beside the Lemon bush.
 
 
 
I've even done some weeding too.
 

 
All the hard work has now been done for today, so a little further look and these lovely flowers are looking at their best.

 
Then a view down this side of the garden...
 
 
But, enough! You are ready to take me back to the house now...

 
This step must look a bit tricky for you....
 
 
'Please Nana, will you help me?'

 
'Come on, let's go say 'Hiya' to Mummy and Grandad. They are nattering away indoors.'
 
 
Love and hugs, Nana     x




 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment