Saturday 26 April 2014

Garden Quilt


As written on 23/4/2014

Dearest Ruby,
       I haven't been in the garden a while. Dear Great Grandpapa has gone to be with Jesus, but just before he died I told him about your garden Ruby. I'm sure he heard and would have smiled inside. He would have loved to see it grow and develop with the changing seasons. He would have loved to see you play and enjoy your little world of new discoveries. We will remember him in our hearts and one day you might ask about your Great Grandpapa, and we will tell you our stories of what an amazing, loving, caring father he was to me, grandfather to your mummy, and Great Grandpapa he was to you.

       Yesterday the weather wasn't so inviting to venture outside. I had found
some fabric which sparked off the idea of making you a picnic garden quilt.

 
 
       As you can see. it was a panel for a waistcoat, but if I'd made that up for you, it would have swamped you! Looking through my fabric stash, I found some fabric to team it up with. Perfect!
 
 
        So, in the evening, I started cutting it into manageable pieces and we will see how it will come together in due course.
 


      Butterflies, flowerpots, blue check and ladybirds - it depicts everything we imagine your garden to be about, a sunny quilt for sunny days. You can can enjoy your dollies teaparty or teddy bear's picnic on the lawn, because a little birdie tells me you are still uncertain of the grass, feeling it under your feet. Mummy and Daddy took you for lunch on Sunday, in the Memorial gardens in town. It was Easter day and the grass appears to puzzle you with its different texture. Before long, I expect you will be running around and we will have to call you back, but for now you're content to remain on the safe and very soft island of the picnic rug.

Love and hugs, Nana x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment