Friday 25 April 2014

Playing with Whirligigs!

As written on 27/3/2014

Dearest Ruby,
        A beautiful china birdfeeder arrived today in the post. One a little more unusual, it hangs upside down. We will be able to hang a fat ball from inside the cup and put bird seed on the saucer. I wonder what birds will feast at their table? Do you like the butterfly bracket the bird feeder hangs from?

 
 
       I hope to introduce quirky things to find around each corner. So, I've been crocheting Whirligigs out of odd balls of wool Great Grandmama and Mummy gave me. I saw the idea once at Rydal Hall Gardens in Cumbria. They will add colour and a sense of fun on a grey day.
 
 
 
       Also, what do you think of these dancing butterflies. I love them and hope you will too.
 

 
 
This is just the beginning of our ideas forming but I'll let it all unfold before you, and one day soon we can plant our bulbs, grow our seeds and watch the flowers grow.
 
Love and hugs Nana x

No comments:

Post a Comment