Tuesday 24 June 2014

Baking Day

Dearest Ruby,
        We have had fun in the kitchen today, making cakes for Mummy and Daddy and you to eat later. What a lovely mess we made ! Here you are putting the little paper cases in the baking tray. They are mini in size so that you can eat them easily.

Great concentration !
 

 
All the pretty colours like the flowers in your garden - yellow, pink and green.
 

Nana has put a dollop of coffee cake mixture in each case before putting them in the oven to bake.

 
Out they came onto the cooling rack....

 
Then comes the fun part, decorating them a few at a time.

 
Nana didn't tell me at first that I could eat the tiny pink and white butterflies and yellow flowers. They tasted so sugary sweet but I liked them very much.

 
I made a special heart for Mummy to tell her I love her very much.

 
Nana iced the cakes which was messy and I didn't really like the icing getting on my fingers.

 
All done, and put on a plate to take home with me....

 
and some left over to go in the tin.

 
I hope you enjoy them for your tea Ruby, and sharing them with Mummy and Daddy. I'm sure they will like them and will be so pleased. How busy you have been.

 
Love and hugs,  Nana  x


1 comment: