Monday 9 June 2014

Rubys Garden Sign


Dearest Ruby,
        I've been busy with my paintbrushes again ! You were probably too young to realize Ruby, the windy storms and torrential rain of the winter just gone past. Our fences in the garden came down and I salvedged one piece of wood that for a long while stood erect in your garden awaiting the time when I would indeed turn it into something more promising, a sign for your garden.

 
It doesn't look much here does it.
 
However, it has now had a makeover !
 
 
This is it in its very rough state before I varnished it.


To either side of the lettering, which had to be ruby red of course, I painted flowers representing daisies, forget-me-nots and primroses....


 
I love the grain of the wood showing through...


       ...and then this natural nooky hole just above your name here...

 
So, here it stands now in pride of place !
 
 
How do you like it Ruby ?
Just in case anyone is in any doubt as to whose garden this is. ;-)
 
Love and hugs, Nana x


 

No comments:

Post a Comment