Thursday 12 June 2014

Sunhat and Crocheted Flowers

Dearest Ruby,
 
A Gift For You !
       


             It has been a while in the making Ruby, crocheting all the flowers to adorn your wonderful sunhat. I wasn't sure if you would like it but I couldn't be happier at how you took to wearing it and how cute it looks !

             The sunhat began life plainly uninteresting....

 
though I liked the yellow ribbon.
 
I gathered together various colours of Cotton DK...
 
 
tools of the trade including a No 3.5mm crochet hook,

 
buttons and thread,

 
and so began the creative process !
 
Every flower is different. I made them up as I went along which was such fun to do. Some have tiny buttons for their centres. Some have picot or shell edging. Whatever took my fancy. I love how they all came together before attaching them around the brim of the hat.


 
Then for the perfect little model....what do you make of it ??



 
Back on the garden path...I love it that it fits!


 
You're more interested in chatting away to me ...

 
and then back to having an explore.

 
 I'm glad you like your sunhat Ruby and maybe you will wear it to keep your face in the shade. Or maybe it will sit idly by and remind us of sunny days and garden play.
 

Certainly the crochet hook is taking a rest once again and the crochet cotton yarns have gone back in their box.
 
 
Love and hugs, Nana x
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment