Monday 2 June 2014

'Nana Tends My Garden' Poem

Nana tends my garden
Waters all the plants.
I lend her my red watering can
And watch whilst she works on.
She digs the soil
Weeds the ground
And trims back scraggly stems.
She has to bend, so far down
To reach the hidden gems.
She kneels upon a stepping stone
With trowel and fork in hand.
I wonder who would be more shocked
If she could see their faces !
Creepy crawlies, wiggly worms,
Woodlice, slugs and snails.
I would laugh and giggle free
But Nana, she might squeal.
It would be funny, my delight.
I'd clap my hands with glee.
Then she would smile
A big wide grin,
All would be well I know.
There's so much more to see and grow
Treasures still to find.
Nana shows me all the flowers
Yellow, pink and blue.
They seem so very big and tall
Amongst their shadow, I do crawl.
The leaves, they brush against my skin
It tickles like a feather.
I hear the birds, I see a bee.
I hope it stays away from me.
We sit upon my little lawn,
An island in the sea.
We sing, we play
She shares with me
Her songs and rhymes and tales.
I love to dance and wave my arms,
And join in all the fun.
Then time to go
The sun's gone down
The sky has clouded over.
Nana tend my garden
Keep it nice for me.
I'll come again another day.
'See you then' I say 
I need no reason
To come by
She always welcomes me.
 
Love and hugs, Nana x
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment