Friday 22 August 2014

Garden Tools

Dearest Ruby,
        Today is what makes it all worthwhile, seeing you take delight in your garden and even asking to go out there, albeit very early in the morning!
        What caught your interest was a little set of garden tools, all ready for you to open out of its packaging.

 
umm, not so easy...
 
 
I need some help...

 
I'm trying again.


Nana suggests I put the tools in my bucket

 
This is a good idea.
 
 
Now out in the garden, I am inspecting the flowers first...
 
 
before getting down to real work.

 
umm, (my thoughtful look), these tools have faces on their handles!

 
Nana is teaching me how to rake up the leaves.


What is this? - a trowel.
 


        A little while ago I bought you this Ruby, a kneeler for when you are weeding. You loved the Bunny Rabbit and took great interest in his eyes and nose and mouth. Not to mention those big ears! Perhaps because we love to sing, 'Head and shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes....'
 


 
Back in the garden...
 
See Nana, I am almost getting the hang of using it !
 
 
Here I am , digging in Grandad's soil bed. It looks like he could do with my help.
 
 
I love being out in my garden, even when I felt a spot of rain. I love digging and raking and collecting the leaves up in my bucket. But, I don't much like actually getting dirty. I brush any dirt off my hands straight away.
 
Well Ruby, the sky has come over all dark, maybe more rain on the way. Shall we go indoors again now. You have done so well.

 
Love and hugs,   Nana x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment