Monday 18 August 2014

Nana's Notebook

Dearest Ruby,
        I wondered if you would like to see that I keep a notebook especially for anything and everything to do with your garden.

 
I keep it on my table, nearby where I work


...and if you were to take a peek you would see ideas and sketches that I scribble down
 

 
...and notes that I take to refer to later.

 
Even patterns, colour swatches and pictures from magazines could find their way into the pages to keep inspiration coming.
 
I thought I was running out of ideas until I started to jot them down and then they just kept on flowing!
 
Some things we can look forward to doing together.
 
 
Some things are what you might call 'Armchair Gardening' and have to wait for the appropriate season before we plant, sow or reap.
 
 Some things I have in mind to make for you - You might call them 'Craft Makes'
 
 
 ...but it all means that thoughts are kept fresh and alive, to take us into another week, another month or even another season.
All is kept in mind to collect for and gather materials  together.
 
So Ruby, there might be gaps in our calendar when we don't appear to be doing very much but your own special garden is never far from my mind.
I think perhaps I better go and mow the lawn now, do a bit of weeding and stop daydreaming ...
 
 
Love and hugs,   Nana x
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment