Sunday 24 August 2014

Taking Cuttings.

Dearest Ruby,
         Today Grandad, Nana Gwen and I have been to the garden centre and bought a couple of 'end-of-season' geraniums. They were going for a song at £1 each and what better way to multiply them than to take cuttings.

 
 I have some at home growing in pots on the patio, but adding to these will give us more variety.


We have our rooting powder and potting compost at the ready to give us the best chance of this working!



Also we have a self-seeded Buddlia growing in quite the wrong place, so I've taken a couple of cuttings.

 
I'm into the swing of it now, so I've also taken some cuttings of the Lavender.

 
We've placed them in your mini-greenhouse -
All in the hope of bringing some more colour and fragrance into your garden Ruby next year.
 
Love and hugs,   Nana x

No comments:

Post a Comment