Thursday 8 May 2014

Down the Garden Path

Dearest Ruby,
       It's beautifully sunny today, a pleasure to spend time in the garden. I gathered the redundant pebbles I had in a heap out at the front of the house and put them in a circle around the cherry tree. A while ago, I had planted a few bulbs there and didn't want them trampled upon, by mistake, now that green shoots have begun to peep through the earth.



      Then, I planted the Sunflower seeds and Gloriosa Daisy seeds, which are meant to be ideal for bee and butterfly gardens, in trays and popped them in the greenhouse, after first giving them a water.



      I felt I'd achieved something then before starting on my more major job of the day, making my crazy paving path. Each stone I rescued from the old fish pond and fitted together as best I could and then filled in the surrounding gaps with gravel. It now makes for a nice entrance into your garden Ruby.

 
 

       It's all starting to feel more established don't you think. I'm looking forward to when you can walk more confidently to explore all around. Crawling might be a bit hard on your knees!

Love and hugs, Nana x

No comments:

Post a Comment