Thursday 22 May 2014

'Arty' Afternoon

Dearest Ruby,
        We have had such fun today, of a different kind. You've been to see me and we've had time together to play. I have discovered 'free printables' on the computer and found the perfect picture to keep us entertained.

 
First though we had to walk into town to buy all the things we needed for an 'arty' afternoon. This included a tub of chunky wax crayons, shapes for sponge printing and paint of course.

 
So, here we are making a start. You did understand the crayons weren't to go in your mouth, but as you can see you tested them out with a more 'jabbing' movement.

 
However, with a few jabs and accidental scribbles, added to the scribbles I tried to show you, you can be very proud of your effort.
We also had a go at sponge painting, to give kisses for Mummy and Daddy or to say 'I Love My Garden !' ??
You are learning how to press down as hard as you can.

 
Time for some hand printing. 'Ooh, I'm not sure I like the feel of this yellow goo all over my hand'
 
 
'Umm, not so bad, now I'm getting used to it.'

 
'How do you like this, my first ever hand-print?
Nana says it was going to be a Sunflower picture for Mummy but I need a bit more practice to get the hang of it. Then I would like to do more, so we can have more petals!'

 
Ruby, I think you have done very well and Mummy is going to love to see your art work. Perhaps she will put it up on your fridge in the kitchen.
 
Love and hugs, Nana x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment