Wednesday 14 May 2014

Quilting Progress ....

As written on 12/5/2014

Dearest Ruby,
         What miserable windy and rainy weather we have been having, quite blustery. Still, what better way to entice me indoors and on with your Garden Quilt. I layed all the pieces out on the bed as you see here, before sewing them together on the machine.

 
 
It's a bit like a jigsaw really, seeing what fits best where. I have found some ribbon to use as fillers in places.

 
         I enjoyed doing blanket stitch on these smaller pieces, on the machine. Rather neat and even for mine own hand !

 

I cut out this butterfly and am going to use bondaweb to attach it to the fabric before stitching it down.



         It's coming on I'd say. I'm hoping I'm going to have enough fabric to complete the top without having to go to the shops and find a match! Cross that bridge when we come to it.


There, how do you like it's progression?

Love and hugs, Nana x

No comments:

Post a Comment