Tuesday 20 May 2014

Colours, pink and purple

Dearest Ruby,
       It's so hot today and when I see different plants emerging into flower, I am encouraged to think we are coming into the summer months. Watering begins in earnest or very quickly some plants can wilt and die especially those in pots. I am remembering to take care of the hanging basket in this way. See how it is flourishing.


Very pink. You might be mistaken for thinking that is one of my favourite colours !

          The Snapdragons are joining in the merriment. If you gently squeeze the neck of the flower head, it opens and shuts, hence the name. When I was a child, I used to chatter away to my hearts content !


 
 
          Towering above them though, approaching full display, are the foxgloves rising tall. Soon they will steal the show in all their glory.
 


Look at the height of this magnificent one.
 
 
I've been surprised by the different colours appearing.
Below is the more usual purple I associate with Foxgloves...

 
then we have a white and a paler pink...

 
and a lemon one is about to flower.

 
Surprises, I love surprises.
 
What's this? -  a bright orange Marigold to welcome in the day !
 
 
 
Love and hugs, Nana x
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment