Wednesday 7 May 2014

Bark and Bugs

As written on 5/5/2014

Dearest Ruby,
        It's May Bank Holiday and as befitting the relaxed mood of such a leisurely time, I have been pottering around in the garden watering the violets and seeds.


 
Aren't they looking gorgeous !
I have nothing to show for the seeds just yet, but hopefully little shoots will start to appear soon.
 
              A little more strenuous was the task of breaking down the bark and spreading it over the bare soil.
 

 
Do you like the pebble border?
 
             The hanging basket is showing off a little colour. I confess I didn't plant this up myself but found it in the garden centre and thought it would make such a lovely addition to brighten up the fence.
 

 

               Sadly, some mini-beast is secretly making a feast of one of the foxgloves and a marigold has all but disappeared. They are looking a bit worse for ware but I see no trace of the culprit. Just the evidence of his trail of destruction.

 
Bug eaten foliage.
 
Love and hugs, Nana x

No comments:

Post a Comment