Sunday 25 May 2014

Weeds and Bees and a few surprises!

Dearest Ruby,
        The garden is looking beautiful, very cottagey. Come, let's take a walk around ....

 
 
        I can't believe how this foxglove has grown. It now reaches 5' 11'' and stands taller than any of the others. It will be a competition to see which of the Foxglove or one of the Sunflowers grow to the highest height. I planted out a couple of precious sunflower seedlings today. Umm, he has a lot of catching-up to do !
 
 
 
        If you look very hard Ruby, you can see we have attracted a Bumble Bee into our patch. Perhaps he likes the bright colours of the Snapdragons. I watched it fly inquisitively from one flower-head to another.
 

 
 


           Well, here we are nearly in June when I generally think of Roses coming into bloom. These are beautiful though don't you think, the first of your 'Ruby Rambler'. There are plenty of buds on other stems.


  
          I'm loving the foliage of the Cosmos that will flower at length later on through the summer months. The sunlight shows off its green leaves at their best and the seed-head below promises us glorious floral beauty, .... we hope !!




           I can see Ruby, I am going to have to go out next week and do some necessary weeding. What's this I see, but potatoes growing up where you least expect them to! Obviously a remnant from your garden's previous history of being a vegetable patch.

 
           I have kept the buttercups, along by the fence, as I so love the bright yellow. What an abundance of colour. We used to pick a buttercup and hold it up under our chin, and if the yellow shone and lit up our skin, it meant we loved butter!!
 
 
          I do think I have cultivated a weed here though. It is just beginning to produce little purple flowers, not altogether attractive. Should we need space for anything else, this can find its way onto the compost.
 


 
Lots to do!
Love and hugs, Nana x
 
 
        


No comments:

Post a Comment